EE Chapter 92 Anxiety Disorder Q&A (1 OF 7) Sample Questions
1. A woman had a serious traumatic experience of sexual abuse three years ago. She was hospitalized and recovered. However, after that she would have episodes of nightmare about the incident that causes her to get up in the night feeling terrified. The most probable condition this person is experiencing is:
- A. Schizophrenia
- B. Mania
- C. Depression
- D. ADHD
- E. Post traumatic disorder
1. Read the question. You are asked to identify a condition that is compatible with the symptoms that the patient harbours.
2. Questions like these are simply putting the definition of a condition in the form of a case scenario. So to answer this correctly, look for keywords you know are particular to a specific condition. Here, the most important keyword is nightmare. You have learned of this symptom distinct in PTSD brought about by a past experience.
3. Thus, the correct answer is E.