EE Chapter 89 Cardiac Arrhythmias Q&A (1 OF 36) Sample Questions
1. What type arrhythmias digoxin is contraindicated?
- A. Atrial fibrillation
- B. Atrial flutter
- C. Ventricular tachycardia
- D. Sinus tachycardia
- E. All of the above
1. Read the question. You are asked to identify a condition in which Digoxin cannot be used.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is contraindication. Keyword, Digoxin. The best and simplest way to analyze the options given is to remember which type is seen as a consequence of suing Digoxin. Another way is to apply the mechanism of action of digoxin and associate it with the need of the given conditions.
3. The correct answer is, C as this poses the greatest danger from Digoxin poisoning and using it in the condition will only aggravate it.