EE Chapter 84 Osteoporosis Q&A (1 OF 42) Sample Questions
1. These two components in bone are responsible for the hardness and pliability of bone:
- A. Osteoclasts & collagen
- B. Mineralized salts & osteocytes
- C. Mineralized salts & collagen
- D. Collagen & elastic fibres
- E. Collagen & mesenchyme
Tips: Bone tissue consists of widely separated cells surrounded by large amount of matrix. The matrix of bone contains inorganic salts primarily hydroxyapatite and some calcium carbonate and collage fibers.