EE Chapter 81 Contraception Q&A (1 OF 34) Sample Questions
1. A patient is taking OCP and has spot vaginal bleeding on day 14 to 16. What is the possible cause?
- A. Deficiency of estrogens.
- B. Deficiency of progestin.
- C. Deficiency of estrogen and progestin.
- D. Deficiency of androgen.
- E. Deficiency of hCG.
1. Read the question. You are asked to identify the cause of bleeding for a woman taking OCP during the luteal phase of menstrual cycle.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is day 14 to 16. Key phrase, vaginal bleeding. In answering this type of question, it is helpful to associate the cue, which tells you that it is the luteal phase of the cycle and what hormone predominates in level that deters bleeding. Deviation from the natural condition would lead to bleeding.
3. Thus, the correct answer is B.