EE Chapter 77 Eating Disorders Q&A (1 OF 14) Sample Questions
1. What is incorrect about anorexia nervosa?
- A. It is characterized by deliberate loss of weight.
- B. Refusal to maintain normal body weight, fear of weight gain and amenorrhea.
- C. Binge eating is common in anorexia nervosa.
- D. It is a type of eating disorder
- E. Excessive exercise, fasting and loss of weight
Tips: Binge eating behavior associated with bulimia nervosa
Ref: CTC (Eating Disorders) Diagnostic criteria for anorexia nervosa no longer require the “refusal” to maintain a normal body weight, amenorrhea or the absence of at least 3 menstrual cycles.
1. Read the question. You are asked to identify a feature that is not compatible with anorexia nervosa.
2. In answering this type of question, it will be convenient to look at the choices right away as you are going to pick one statement that does not belong to the group. Option C is describing a feature of bulimia nervosa.
3. Thus, the correct answer is C.