EE Chapter 72 OTC Drugs for Nausea, Vomiting, Constipation, Diarrhea, Hemmorrhoids Q&A (1 OF 27) Sample Questions
1. A cancer patient is experiencing severe nausea and vomiting. He should be recommended with all the following, EXCEPT:
- A. Avoid large meals.
- B. Avoid fat-oily meals.
- C. Avoid taking small and frequent meals.
- D. Take divided meals.
- E. Avoid heavy meals.
Tips: It is recommended for a cancer patient to have small and frequent meals.
1. Read the question. You are asked to identify inappropriate recommendation to a cancer patient with respect to food and food intake.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is severe nausea and vomiting. Key words, cancer patient. All the choices except one, result to reduced work by the patient’s digestive system that eventually lessen his risk of nausea and vomiting.
3. So, the correct answer is C.