EE Chapter 68 Quality Assurance in Pharmacy Practice Q&A (1 OF 5) Sample Questions
1. A regulated pharmacy technician performs all of the following, EXCEPT:
- A. Receiving verbal prescription order from a prescriber of Metoprolol
- B. Prescription Transfer of Lorazepam to another pharmacy
- C. Preparing Sterile preparations
- D. Preparing compounded specialty preparations
- E. Collecting patient’s medication information
1. Read the question. You are asked for a role or activity that is outside a pharmacy technician’s scope.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is EXCEPT. Key phrases, regulated pharmacy technician performs. To answer this question, review the technician’s scope of practice against the CDSA regulation. B is correct in sense but it is beyond the scope of technicians.
3. Thus, answer is B.