EE Chapter 64 Pharmaceutical Care & Related Problems Q&A (1 OF 25) Sample Questions
1. 23. You are a pharmacist in Town Pharmacy and Ms. Lucy came to ask your recommendation for an OTC sleep aid. From your conversation with her, you learned that her husband has recently passed away and she is not coping up well. You advised her to see the doctor to get Benzodiazepine prescription. If the doctor considers prescribing benzodiazepine, what is the drug therapy problem?
- A. Unnecessary drug therapy
- B. Incorrect drug
- C. Inappropriate drug
- D. No drug therapy problem
1. Read the question. You are asked to identify a drug therapy problem.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. There are multiple cues in this question: husband passed away, doctor considers prescribing benzodiazepine. Key phrase, not coping up well. In answering this type of question, look at the scenario as a whole. As stated, patient is undergoing grievance over her husband’s recent death. But pharmacotherapy may not be a solution for what she’s going through as this is natural and question did not indicate a serious sleep disturbance that necessitate a prescription drug. At this point, you can recommend for Ms. Lucy to find support from family and friends.
3. Thus, answer is A.