EE Chapter 60 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Q&A (1 OF 36) Sample Questions
1. All of the following are the primary prevention strategies of hypertension, EXCEPT:
- A. Low salt intake
- B. Daily physical activity
- C. Maintaining normal potassium levels
- D. Using Hydrochlorothiazide daily
- E. Avoid smoking
1. Read the question. You are asked to determine an action that is not within the realm of primary prevention of a disease.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is EXCEPT. Key phrase, primary prevention strategies of hypertension. In answering this type of question, all you have to keep in mind is that one of the choices does not belong to the group. In this case, you have to look for secondary or tertiary prevention strategies. All of the choices except one are non-pharmacological measures which satisfy a primary level of prevention.
3. Thus, the answer is D.