EE Chapter 59 Medication Errors and Patient Safety Practices Q&A (1 OF 16) Sample Questions
1. Which of the following actions would not contribute in promoting safe medication use system in pharmacy?
- A. Providing patient information on medications.
- B. Offering developmental program for staff education.
- C. Rotating staff regularly to assume different responsibility and task.
- D. Maintaining process for medication incidences.
1. Read the question. You are asked to determine an activity that does not directly contribute to safe use of medication in the pharmacy.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is NOT CONTRIBUTE. Key phrase, safe medication use system. To answer this question correctly, understand that this is a team effort that involves not only the health care professionals but the patients as well. Continuing education has to be provided to staff in order to educate the patient efficiently during counseling. In addition, each pharmacy has to follow standard process in handling medication incidences. Choice C is correct in sense but it benefits the pharmacy operation by helping staff to be well-rounded.
3. Thus, the answer is C.