EE Chapter 58 Drug Information Resources and Literature Evaluation Q&A (1 OF 27) Sample Questions
1. What is the reference used to recommend initial therapy for hypertension?
- A. RxTx
- B. Patient self-care
- C. Hypertension Clinical Guidelines
- D. Compendium Therapeutic choices
- E. USP-DI vol.1
1. Read the question. You are asked to provide the reference in hypertension management.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is initial therapy for hypertension. Keyword, reference. C is the best choice because it is the only primary literature from the options which as you have learned, contains the original information regarding a topic. RxTx and CTC are just the same. Although both can provide the information needed, clinical guidelines are more specific and detailed to satisfy the need of the case.
3. Thus, the correct answer is C.