EE Chapter 54 Safety of Medications in Special Populations Q&A (1 OF 44) Sample Questions
1. All of the following decreases in elderly, EXCEPT:
- A. Renal function
- B. Phase I metabolic reaction
- C. Renal blood flow
- D. Lean body mass
- E. Adipose tissue
1. Read the question. You are asked to identify the factor that increases in the elderly. ethical principles
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is decreases EXCEPT. Keyword, elderly. To answer this question, understand that as people age, the organs deteriorate so as their respective functions. Metabolism occurs in the liver, an organ of the body with a major role.
3. Thus, the correct answer is E.