EE Chapter 48 Hospital Pharmacy Q&A (1 OF 54) Sample Questions
1. Hospital doctor prescribed Amoxicillin 500 mg for 8 hourly administration. What is correct?
- A. Unit dose is dispensed with one dose of Amoxicillin 500 mg one capsule
- B. Unit dose is dispensed with three capsule of amoxicillin 500 mg for an 8 hourly administration.
- C. Unit dose is dispensed with nine capsule of amoxicillin 500 mg for 8 hourly for 3 days administration.
- D. Call the doctor to clarify.
1. Read the question. Identify and organize the information provided.
2. To answer this question, understand that patient’s medications in a hospital setting are dispensed to supply a 24-hour period as patients are in close surveillance for possible allergic reaction. In light of the question, since the antibiotic is given every 8 hours, 3 capsules will be administered in 24 hours.
3. Thus, the correct answer is C.