EE Chapter 41 Canadian Pharmacy Law and Jurisprudence Q&A (1 OF 56) Sample Questions
1. A registered nurse at TIPS clinic wrote IM antibiotic for a patient. What do you do?
- A. Tell the patient to get prescription from a physician.
- B. Write the patient similar prescription following the pharmacist extended scope of practice.
- C. Report nurse going out of scope of practice.
- D. Ask the prescription cosigned by head nurse.
- E. Dispense prescription usual check.
1. Read the question. Identify and organize information as you go.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is registered nurse, wrote. Key phrase, you do. You are asked the appropriate action at the time patient presents a prescription which you review is written by unauthorized health care professional. As you have learned, registered nurses have limited prescribing privileges. This is an antibiotic in a clinic setting that can only be legally prescribed by a physician.
3. Thus, the correct action is A.