EE Chapter 37 Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms Q&A (1 OF 108) Sample Questions
1. What is the best dosage form for sensitive and fair skin?
- A. Acetone based
- B. Alcohol based
- C. Water based
- D. Mixture of alcohol and water
1. Read the question carefully.
2. Look for the cues and keywords. Your cue here is sensitive. Keywords best dosage form. So, it is asking you for a formulation that is safe for this type of skin. The options contain either alcohol or water or combination of both. The patient has to avoid anything with alcohol in it.
3. Therefore the correct answer is C. (purely water)
(Remember dosage forms, especially the topicals are formulated in different bases adjusted to patient’s needs)