EE Chapter 36 Rheology Q&A (1 OF 29) Sample Questions
1. All are the important reasons for coating tablets, EXCEPT:
- A. To mask the odor of drug.
- B. To improve the flow of drug.
- C. To increase release rate.
- D. To protect from stomach acid.
- E. To mask taste of drug.
1. Read the question.
2. Look for cues and keywords. There are few cues provided here. Important reasons and EXCEPT. Keyword, coating. You have to identify which one is either wrong or irrelevant. In its general sense, adding coating on a tablet does not help speed up the release of the drug but the opposite of it.
3. Thus, the correct answer is C.