EE Chapter 29 Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology of Respiratory Drugs Q&A (1 OF 23) Sample Questions
1. All are true about Inhaled corticosteroids, EXCEPT:
- A. Treatment of choice for mild to moderate asthma.
- B. Treatment of choice for mild to moderate COPD.
- C. Dysphonia is the most common side effects.
- D. Can cause oral thrush.
- E. Recommend to rinse mouth after inhalation.
1. Read the question.
2. Take note of the cue, EXCEPT. This question can be answered with the help of algorithm of COPD management. Alternatively, you can successfully answer by knowing that the inflammation in COPD is caused by neutrophils that do not significantly respond to corticosteroid as in asthma. ICS are reserved for acute exacerbation.
3. Thus, the correct answer is B as the treatment of choice in mild to moderate COPD is bronchodilator.