EE Chapter 27 Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology of Psychiatric & Neurological Drugs Q&A (1 OF 37) Sample Questions
1. 3. All of the following drug combinations have drug interaction. However, one of these should be avoided combining. Which one is it?
- A. Olanzapine and smoking
- B. Nitroglycerine and Sildenafil
- C. Warfarin and cephalosporins
- D. Haloperidol and smoking
Tips: Olanzapine clearance is increased (98%) by smoking and decrease 12% serum concentration.
1. Read the question.
2. In drug interaction, some interactions lead to more serious consequences than others. So, look for cues that increase narrows your options. Here AVOID COMBINING. This means that among the other choices, which although impose undesirable effects are not as serious, the combination could possibly lead to death.
3. Thus the answer is B as the combination will cause severe hypotension that will lead to death if not resolved immediately