EE Chapter 25 Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology of Histamines, Serotonin, Prostaglandin and Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug Q&A (1 OF 63) Sample Questions
1. Anti-inflammatory action of ASA is due to?
- A. Irreversible inhibition of platelet aggregation
- B. Prevention of prostaglandin synthesis
- C. Inhibition of COX-I receptors
- D. Irreversible inhibition of Cox-1 and Cox-II receptors
- E. Inhibition of Cox-II receptors
Get yourself familiar with some important cascades, like arachinodic acid cascade. This will definitely help you answer many medicinal chemistry questions including mechanism of action, functions and side effects.