EE Chapter 13 Nutrition Q&A (1 OF 55) Sample Questions
1. What is incorrect about vitamins deficiency?
- A. Vitamin A deficiency cause night blindness
- B. Vitamin B1 deficiency cause beriberi
- C. Vitamin B3 deficiency cause pellagra
- D. Vitamin C deficiency cause scurvy
- E. Vitamin K deficiency cause clotting of blood
1. Read the question.
2. In Nutrition Chapter, many questions will be about excess and deficiencies of vitamins and minerals and their accompanying symptoms. First, know the FUNCTION of the vitamins. Being familiar with these including their important sources can benefit you a whole lot. From there, look for your cue. A deficiency or excess. If deficient, choose an option that is OPPOSITE of its function. In this scenario, Vitamin K as you learned in needed in normal blood clotting. Thus deficiency of this will lead to bleeding as explained in the table above.
3. Thus, the correct answer is E.