Chapter 91 Lyme Disease Q&A (1 of 2) Sample Questions
1. A 22-year-old patient has been infected with Lyme disease after a 3-day camping in Maryland. He noticed the signs and symptoms after 3 weeks of having erythema migrans. These symptoms were related to mild heart block of first degree with no Neurologic abnormalities. The best initial treatment to prevent him is:
- A. Ceftriaxone, 2g IV Daily for 14 days
- B. Penicillin G, 20million U IV Daily for 14 days
- C. Amoxicillin, 500mg po tid for 21 days
- D. Chloramphenicol, 1g po qid for 14-28 days
Tips: It is a mild condition (1st degree), no need to recommend parenteral and combinations.