Chapter 9 Pharmacoeconomics Q&A (1 of 30) Sample Questions
1. Which of the following pharmacoeconomic methodologies is used in selecting drugs for hospital formulary based on effectiveness & safety?
- A. Cost effective analysis (CEA)
- B. Cost utility analysis (CUA)
- C. Cost minimization analysis (CMA)
- D. Cost Benefit analysis (CBA)
1. Read the question.
2. Look for cues and keywords or key phrases. Cue here is effectiveness and safety. Key phrase, hospital formulary. Eliminate methodologies that do not primarily adapt effectiveness and safety as measures because these are already guaranteed. To answer this question, be guided that this is in a hospital setting which means that formulary can include one medication from one class of drug. When comparing medications within the same class, you measure them based on their effectiveness and safety.
3. Thus, correct answer is B.