Chapter 88 HIV infections Q&A (1 of 24) Sample Questions
1. JPK is a 40-year-old Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) patient who takes Lamivudine (3TC) in the morning, Tenofovir and Lopinavir/Ritonavir bid in the morning and at night. He is also using Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. Recently, he has been diagnosed with hypertriglyceridemia. Why do you think did this happen?
- A. Drug interaction between Levothyroxine and Lamivudine.
- B. Drug interaction between Levothyroxine and HIV.
- C. Side effects of Lamivudine.
- D. Side effects of Lopinavir/Ritonavir.
Tips: CPS. Except for atazanavir, all Protease inhibitors are associated with hyperlipidemia side effect.