Chapter 84 Diabetic Programs (TECH) Q&A (1 of 16) Sample Questions
1. MP, a 65-year-old customer who is diabetic comes in your pharmacy to pick-up his medication Metformin 500 mg bid, Gliclazide 60 mg daily, Rosuvastatin 10 mg daily and Acetyl Salicylic Acid (ASA) 81 mg. MP says she is confused on how to use her blood glucose monitor. What is the appropriate response of technician?
- A. Ask how her about her blood sugar levels.
- B. Ask her how about her use of the blood glucose monitor and demonstrate correct method of device use.
- C. Tell her she does not need to monitor because blood glucose monitoring is necessary only for patient taking insulin
- D. Refer patient to pharmacist for blood glucose monitor use demonstration.
Tips: Regular checking blood sugar levels helps to prevent hypo or hyperglycemia.