Chapter 8 Ethical Principles Q&A (1 of 50) Sample Questions
1. PK is a 52-year-old man admitted to CVH rehabilitation after being discharged from PMH for his prostate cancer chemotherapy. He was given narcotic analgesic for severe pain after the chemotherapy. When the pharmacist at CVH was doing the medication reconciliation, patient was in severe pain because he was not getting his pain medication. Doctor at CVH has not yet seen patient and patient has no medication order for pain relievers. Based on medication administration report from PMH, we know the name of narcotics, dose and frequency and dosage form of the previous dose. What is the pharmacist ethical dilemma if she/he is trying to decide whether to dispense medication or not?
- A. Beneficence and Confidentiality
- B. Beneficence and Non-maleficence
- C. Beneficence and Professional judgement
- D. Beneficence and Autonomy