Chapter 79 Influenza Q&A (1 of 20) Sample Questions
1. A 45-year-old mother, with 2 children, went to the pharmacy to ask whether her mother who is 85 years old and lives in a community home should have a vaccine. She has been told that the vaccine will give her mother the flu. In a family of 6, 2 grandparents, 2 parents, 2 kids ages 5 years old and 2 years old, the younger kid got flu. Who should receive flu vaccine?
- A. Parents and grandparents only
- B. All of the family members
- C. Parents, grandparents, and the other 5 year child.
- D. Zanamivir should be given to the non-infected child.
Tips: The child with flu infection should not receive flu vaccine, until he is relieved from his flu symptoms.