Chapter 73 Minor Ailment Mouth Conditions Q&A (1 of 3) Sample Questions
1. If a patient suffers from metallic taste after using fluticasone nasal spray, what should the pharmacist advise?
- A. Drink water after use.
- B. Change to Triamcinolone.
- C. Refer as it might be a sign of oral thrush.
- D. Recommend use of spacer and mouth-rinsing after use.
Tips: Patients using a nasal corticosteroid over several months or longer should be periodically examined for possible changes in the nasal mucosa. Atrophic rhinitis and nasal/pharyngeal candidiasis are potential complications. Aiming the spray away from the septum may reduce the risk of long-term damage to the septum.