Chapter 73 Drugs to Treat High Cholesterol (TECH) Q&A (1 of 4) Sample Questions
1. KP is a healthy 47-year-old non-smoker with no diabetes or hypertension. His mom died from a heart attack at age 50 and his dad has diabetes. The pharmacy technician is concerned about KP’s increased risk of cardiovascular disease associated with family history. What is the appropriate action?
- A. KP should be encouraged to measure his cholesterol after age 50.
- B. Alert pharmacist about KP’s cardiovascular risk factor.
- C. Pharmacy technician should NOT be concerned because currently, KP does not have high cholesterol.
- D. KP should start taking salmon oil supplements.