Chapter 68 Antihistamines, Serotonins and Prostaglandin Analogs (TECH) Q&A (1 of 4) Sample Questions
1. A customer approaches your pharmacy and asks you to recommend a medication for seasonal allergies?
- A. Recommend Benadryl or first generation antihistamines because it is more sedating.
- B. Refer question to the pharmacist, because technician cannot recommend medications.
- C. Recommend Claritin or 2nd generation antihistamine because it is less sedating.
- D. Ask patient to see doctor to get prescription.
Tips: Technician must always refer drug recommendation, drug information and counselling questions to pharmacist.