Chapter 65 Treatment of Schizophrenia (TECH) Q&A (1 of 1) Sample Questions
1. A personal support worker (PSW) is a care giver of a 69-year-old woman currently using medication for Alzheimer treatment. PSW brings some over-the-counter (OTC) medication from patient’s home and requests repackage of the OTC medication in blister pack. What is appropriate that pharmacy technician can do to enhance compliance of patient?
- A. Pharmacy technician refers PSW to pharmacist.
- B. Standard of practice does NOT allow the pharmacy staff to repackage OTC products of patient if it is not expired.
- C. Pharmacy technician demonstrates how to prepare blister pack of medications including OTC medications.
- D. Pharmacy technician confirms with PSW which OTC medications are taken regularly for chronic use and adds OTC medication into blister pack.
Tips: The standards of practice allow the pharmacist or any pharmacy staff to repackage an OTC product of a patient if it is not expired.