Chapter 61 Medication Errors (TECH) Q&A (1 of 7) Sample Questions
1. A nurse approaches the pharmacy technician. As per patient chart, one pill of antibiotic for today is missing. Patient was on this medication for the past 2 days. What is the appropriate answer to nurse’s concern?
- A. Look up in patient’s Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- B. Look up in patient’s ASO (Auto-stop Order) drugs in hospital formulary.
- C. Call doctor to ask for duration of therapy.
- D. Ask her to contact pharmacist.