Chapter 6 Benzodiazepines and other Targeted Substances Regulations Q&A (1 of 6) Sample Questions
1. DJ is 40 year old man who comes to your pharmacy to fill a new prescription modafinil 200 mg daily 1 hour prior to start of the work. DJ works at night shift as bartender and complains being exhausted at nights. What are the regulations for modafinil?
- A. Written prescriptions only.
- B. Written and verbal prescription allowed.
- C. Written and verbal prescriptions and written prescription refills allowed.
- D. Schedule II of National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA).
Tips: Modafinil is a CNS stimulant that promotes wakefulness in the treatment of narcolepsy it is under Part I of Controlled drugs.
Modafinil is approved by FDA for shift work disorders and has been show to improve nighttime alertness and decrease sleepiness. Modafinil is inducer of CYP3A4/5. Can have interactions with CYP3A4 substrates.