Chapter 6 Benzodiazepines and other Targeted Substances Regulations Sample Questions
1. A patient comes to the pharmacy to pick up refill of benzodiazepine. However, he is two weeks earlier the refill date. What is the appropriate action to be taken?
- A. Recommend patient to see doctor because his medical conditions require assessment.
- B. Ask patient how medications are used.
- C. Refuse to refill and explain that regulations do not allow refilling at earlier dates.
- D. Ask patient the purpose of earlier refill and use professional judgement to dispense or refer to doctor.
Tips: Part-fills permitted as per prescriber’s instructions.For refills or part-fills of prescriptions, record the following information: date of the repeat or part-fill, prescription number, quantity dispensed and the pharmacist’s initials.