Chapter 59 Chapter Medication Errors and Patient Safety Practices Q&A (FPGEE) (1 OF 16) Sample Questions
1. A mother of a 1-year-old child comes to your pharmacy for cold and cough products. What is the appropriate pharmacist’s response?
- A. A. Refer her to the doctor to get prescription for cold and cough product.
- B. B. Recommend her self-care to prevent cold and cough product.
- C. C. Tell her that FDA prohibits using cold and cough product for children under the age of 2 years.
- D. D. Recommend over the counter cold and cough product.
Tips: USFDA has issued public health safety advisory recommending that OTC cough and cold products not be used in infants and children under 2 year age.