Chapter 50 Nausea and Vomiting Q&A (1 OF 6) Sample Questions
1. A family is leaving for a trip. The mother asked you about Dimenhydrinate for her child who is 8 years old. Which of the following is correct?
- A. It can’t be taken by children < 12 years old.
- B. It might cause drowsiness and not recommended for children
- C. The child can take 25 mg to 50 mg every 6 to 8 hours as necessary to a maximum of 150 mg in 24 hours
- D. Recommend selfcare for children <12 years old
Children under 1 year old – not recommended
Children under 2 years old – As directed by physician
Children 2-6 years: 15-25mg every 6-8 hrs
Children 6-8 years: 25-50mg every 6-8 hrs
Children 8-12 years: 25-50 mg every 6-8 hrs
12 yrs & over: 50mg every 4-6 hours PRN