Chapter 44 Pharmacoeconomics Q&A (FPGEE) (1 OF 23) Sample Questions
1. All of the following statements are true EXCEPT:
- A. Cost utility studies often use health utility measures to calculate quality adjusted life year
- B. Health utility measures are always disease specific
- C. The short form-36 (SF-36) is the most common generic health measure
- D. The SF-36 is a multipurpose health survey that has only 36 questions
Tips: The SF-36 is short form (36) health survey is a 36 item, patient reported survey of patient health. The SF-36 is a measure of health status. The original SF-36 came out from Medical outcome study. The SF-36 consists of eight scaled scores which are weighed sums of the questions in their section. The eight sections are
Vitality, physical functioning, bodily pain, generic health prescriptions, physical role functioning, emotional role functioning, social role functioning, mental health.