Chapter 43 Drug Distribution Technologies (TECH) Q&A (1 OF 3) Sample Questions
1. A hospital prescription of Lisinopril 10 mg daily, start 1st dose now. However, hospital formulary does not have Lisinopril 10 mg. What is the appropriate action?
- A. Contact pharmacist and inform about the prescription.
- B. Check automatic substitution and dispense another equivalent drug in the formulary.
- C. Call the doctor to inform, the drug is not in the formulary.
- D. Do not fill the prescription.
Tips: 1st step if drug is not available as prescribed dose then look for automatic substitution drug and can dispense equivalent drug.
Non-formulary drug will not be dispensed unless orders by the physician by use of a non-formulary special request form.