Chapter 40 US Healthcare System Q&A (FPGEE) (1 OF 37) Sample Questions
1. Which of the following statements about Medicare is true?
- A. It is funded by individual states.
- B. It has no deductibles.
- C. It is financed under the Social Security system.
- D. It is designed primarily for welfare recipients.
Tips: Medicare, financed and managed under the Social Security system, was primarily designed for people over 65 year age or for individuals with permanent disabilities. Medicare recipients must pay an annual deductible of 20% for medical services.