Chapter 4 Federal Regulations Sample Questions
1. MP, a 24-year-old comes to the pharmacy to buy a large quantity of Pseudoephedrine. The reason he gives is that it’s a gift for his cousins in the USA for the upcoming holiday season. What is the pharmacist’s most concern?
- A. Pharmacist cannot counsel patients who will use it.
- B. Persons are not allowed to travel >3 g of Pseudoephedrine and cross the border going to the USA.
- C. It is a Schedule II drug and pharmacist has the right to refuse.
- D. Due to lack of physician and patient interaction.
Tips: Precursor drug regulations, require patient’s and pharmacist’s contact to determine appropriate use of these medications.