Chapter 37 Asthma Q&A (1 of 35) Sample Questions
1. A 5-year-old child was recently diagnosed with asthma. All of the following questions are important to ask his mother, EXCEPT:
- A. How many days he missed school due to asthma?
- B. Family history of asthma
- C. How often do symptoms occur?
- D. Can your child inhale powdered-dose inhalers?
Tips: RxTx/CTC 2019. For older children (≥5 y), it is deemed appropriate to use either a dry powder device or a pMDI with a mouthpiece and spacer device whereas younger children (<5 y) lack the ability produce adequate respiration thus, a pMDI and spacer device (also called a holding chamber) with a mask or mouthpiece attachment is recommended to improve the ability to correctly use the device