Chapter 32 Stroke Q&A (1 of 24) Sample Questions
1. A 65-year-old smoker patient has a carotid disease that is asymptomatic. However, he is afraid of cerebral ischemic event due to his age and his being obese.
Best measures patient should take:
- A. Take Acetyl Salicylic Acid (ASA) 81 mg prophylactically everyday to prevent the cerebral ischemic stroke.
- B. Take Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (ACEi) prophylactically, since they decrease B.P. and coronary artery events.
- C. Use Clopidogrel 75 mg daily.
- D. Lifestyle changes + ASA 81 mg.