Chapter 27 Hypertension Q&A (1 of 95) Sample Questions
Which of the following monitoring parameters is NOT important in the early assessment of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (ACEi) therapy in Mr. Beans?
- A. Serum K+
- B. Serum Creatinine
- C. Renal function test
- D. Serum Na+
2. Mr. John, a 50-year-old man has the following medication history: Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) 12.5 mg po qd 2 months ago; after 4 months HCTZ was increased to 25 mg po because his BP was uncontrolled. He is diabetic, has hypercholesterolemia and has asthma. Drug allergy is Amoxicillin. Social History: He smokes half pack a day. His current blood pressure 160/90.
Which of the following is the next most appropriate step in treating Mr. John?
- A. Discontinue HCTZ and re-evaluate BP.
- B. Add Lisinopril 10mg po qd to HCTZ 25 mg po qd.
- C. Add Atenolol 100mg po qd to HCTZ 25 mg po qd.
- D. Increase HCTZ to 50mg po qd
Tips: ACEi are preferred in diabetic patient with hypertension.