Chapter 144 Medication Incident and Reporting Systems Q&A (1 of 11) Sample Questions
1. Dechie is a 30-year-old woman who is new in your pharmacy. She informs you that she experienced an allergy to penicillin product as a child. You ask the symptoms that she had from using the drug and she mentions hives, wheezing, and facial swelling. She had to be hospitalized because of it. You document the patient allergies in patient profile because:
- A. Gathering and documenting information for patient care are necessary.
- B. It is a requirement by the insurance for medication coverage.
- C. It is mandatory to record the allergy data.
- D. To provide a record of cognitive services to insurance.