Chapter 119 Travel Medicine Q&A (1 of 12) Sample Questions
1. MP, a 32-year-old woman is planning to go to Mexico for a project. Her doctor suggested taking antidiarrheal medications for her trip like Bismuth subsalicylate. She should be counseled for all of the following regarding this drug, EXCEPT:
- A. Side-effects are similar to Loperamide.
- B. The medication darkens the oral cavity, especially the tongue.
- C. The medication colors the stools.
- D. Do not take this medication if allergic to acetyl salicylic acid.