Chapter 114 Substance of Abuse Q&A (1 of 27) Sample Questions
1. Which of the following best represents the physiologic sequence of untreated alcohol withdrawal?
- A. Autonomic hyperactivity, hallucinations, seizures, delirium tremens
- B. Hallucinations, autonomic hyperactivity, delirium tremens, seizures
- C. Delirium tremens, seizures, autonomic hyperactivity, delirium tremens
- D. Seizures, delirium tremens, hallucinations, autonomic hyperactivity
Tips: There are four stages of alcohol withdrawal.
Stage 1 is automatic hyperactivity.
Stage 2 is auditory and visual hallucinations.
Stage 3 is grand mal seizures.
Stage 4 is delirium tremens.