Chapter 100 Special Instruction and Labels Q&A (1 of 7) Sample Questions
1. In a pharmacy, Dukoral vaccine was accidently left overnight outside the refrigerator. The instruction for vaccine is to be kept in the fridge. The pharmacist noted that the overnight pharmacy temperature was 2-8 C. What will be the right action the pharmacist can do?
- A. Nothing, return to the fridge.
- B. Label and put it away and contact manufacturer.
- C. Call the manufacturer to replace it.
- D. Wait until it expires and try to return to wholesaler.
Tips: If cold chain breaks:
Step 1. Separate the vaccine from other vaccine and label it.
Step 2: Contact manufacturer for advice and replacements
Step 3: Discard it.